An exciting 6 months contract opportunity exists for a Migration Engineer within the technology delivery team of one of the four largest global firms offering audit, tax and advisory services.
- Conduct application assessment to determine whether the cloud migration is feasible. It would involve data collection and analysis of the existing applications.
- Working collaboratively with solution architects and applications SME to establish application development and transformation standards.
- Identify applications that will require re-design or re-architect before migration that can take place.
- Develop application transformation / migration principles and standards
- Participate in migration POC for selected application to target environment
- Identify and test support operational tools for application monitoring in terms of performance, availability and security.
- Deep understanding of the cloud computing arena with strong knowledge of systems architecture for public and private cloud.
- Experience with cloud services
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience with .NET based applications, Windows OS, SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, web service technologies, authentication and federation services, web security disciplines.
- Ability to analyze client’s environments including existing infrastructure, applications, and processes.
- Strong understanding and experience in application design to effectively leverage cloud infrastructure (i.e. server virtualization, storage, network, database management, BC/DR practices, and high availability configurations.
- Experience with application integration strategy, resource co-location and sharing principles in cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience in transforming and migrating applications to consume cloud infrastructure effectively.
- Experience in setting up operational procedures and application monitoring in cloud environment.
- Ability to prepare presentation materials and communicate both to technical teams as well as to business users and/or management stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Industry: Professional Services
Career Level: Experienced
Job Type: Full-time/6 months Contract
If you are qualified for this role, please send your resume via Email: email@example.com with the job title as the subject
HR Connexions Canada would like to thank everyone for their interest, however, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.